Friday 22 January 2016

n&d

'It put me on antidepressants': welcome to GOMI, the cruel site for female snark



‘When these things happen in the moment they’re so shocking, and they feel scary, dramatic and real’.

“When these things happen in the moment, they’re so shocking, and they feel scary, dramatic and real,” she says. “They were in my head constantly. I’d be doing anything at all and think about how they would perceive it if they were there. It was really toxic.”
“It legitimately put me on antidepressants,” says Holbrook. “You try to stay away from it, because the minute you read it, it’s in your brain forever – my flat forehead, my ugly nose, or that my husband hates me. I thought once if I said, ‘You’re really hurting me,’ it would stop, but it just got worse.”

No comments:

Post a Comment